Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Bathrooms

Roomspiration continues today over at Homemaker on a Dime with bathrooms.



 I thought this would be a great opportunity to give you a tour of the bathrooms in our home:
My powder room is my favorite.  I think it most accurately depicts my current style.  I recently redecorated the bathroom by adding crown moulding, new wallpaper, new lighting, two new mirrors, artwork, shower curtains and faucet.  The whole bathroom makeover was under $1000 (which included me hiring someone to hang the wallpaper and someone else to install the crown moulding).
The shower curtains I found at Home Goods and tied them back using extra silk fabric I had from another project.
I modified the existing light fixture.  All I did was turn the light fixture upside down (the lights used to face down), added new glass from Lowes and two magnet crystals to glam it up.

The mirror is from a local lighting store (a great source for mirrors).  The faucet is from Home Depot.  I LOVE the new faucet.
My daughter's bathroom came out adorable.  She wanted a pink and brown bathroom and I put it all together for very little money.  Before my daughter took over the guest bathroom it used to be painted yellow.  I left the yellow at the very top and painted the bottom Restoration Hardware (RH) Petal Pink and made a scallop using RH chocolate.  The window treatment is from Target's shabby chic line and I embellished it with a ribbon and fabric glue.  The "S" is from Home Goods.

Her crystal faucet was a mission to get.  After searching the internet forever, I finally found this gorgeous faucet at Faucetdepot.com.  For one reason or another it took almost 9 months for the faucet to arrive.  It was worth the wait.
The chandelier is from Home Depot for $99.  The towels are from Home Goods.  
When my daughter starting using the guest room bathroom, it was also time to make over the Jack and Jill bathroom, that the kids once shared, into a "boy's" bathroom.  I painted the bathroom, replaced the builder-grade mirror with a mirror we had in the attic and painted my son's initial on canvas.
Other simple changes included new hardware for the cabinets...
a new faucet from Home Depot...
new lighting...
and a new shower curtain and bath mat from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child.
I hand painted letters to spell out DREAM to finish off this bathroom makeover.
My master bathroom only had a mini-makeover when we updated our bedroom with colors in bronze, cream and robin's egg blue.
I like to roll towels to bring in my color scheme.
The cornice boards I made using MDF.  I covered them with batting and silk fabric (this is the fabric I used for the ties in the powder room bathroom).  I then hot glued trim to the cornice board.
Finally the last bathroom on this tour is our basement bathroom which I just made over.
As part of the makeover I painted the cabinet and mirror using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  
I am off to link up :





for Roomspiration.  I hope to see you all there with your bathroom posts.  

Don't forget Monday Roomspiration continues right here at DIYbyDesign.  I have the honor of hosting Guest Rooms...which is perfect since I have out of town guests this weekend.  Get your guest room posts ready for Monday.
Have a great weekend!

-Judy


Find unique ways for displaying your creative projects with wall hanging rails and hooks from AS Hanging

21 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

My post showing you my bathroom would take about 5 seconds! I have ONE bathroom that is used by my family of 3 and all the guests who visit our house! I'm used to having one bath, but everyone who comes here is shocked! Haha!

I especially love your daughter's bath!

Colleen said...

so pretty. I love the kids' baths!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They are all so pretty, Judy! Your bathroom turned out great. I'm going to need to figure out how I want to decorate our master bath. I've got a neutral palette to work with right now, so I can pretty much bring in any color.

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

I love every one of these spaces! I love all of the attention to detail you have in each bathroom.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy I love all your bathrooms, but my favorite is your powder room LOVE IT!! Martina

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Judy, all of your bathrooms look amazing! I love all of the glam details, especially that mirror over the toilet in your powder room. Beautiful job!

Jacqueline said...

Your bathrooms are amazing, I adore your daughters faucet and you shared some great inspiration because I'll be working on doing my boys bathroom over soon and I'd defiantly taking the builders grade mirror out.

Eliza Wynn said...

Very nice! It's always hard for me to find a new faucet. So many of them actually hurt my hands!

Debbiedoos said...

All gorgeous bathrooms Judy! I like that rolled towel look too. I have to try that. Have a great weekend.

Honey at 2805 said...

All of your bathrooms are so beautiful and unique! Love all the sparkle and glam!

Thank you so much for linking to Potpourri Friday. You make the party more fun and I appreciate you! Hope to see you next Friday!

Ange said...

Beautiful bathrooms! I love the first one, the chandelier, wallpaper, just yummy!

Catherine said...

I love visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful designs. I dream of rooms like these, but I live with boys with bad taste, and lose the budget battle over these things every time. I have my girly office room and my kitchen - and I cherish them. :)

I could probably swing that fixture in the Jack and Jill.. It's masculine, and I love the way it looks!
-Catherine

Unknown said...

my favorite is the powder room with that elegant wall paper and the mirror
a visit from 2805

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Absolutely lovely, Judy! Really appreciate you linking up this great bath post at the Roomspiration blog party.

Beth said...

I'm jealous, so many bathrooms.I have one. Love the crystal faucet.

Unknown said...

Oh I just adore your bathroom! Also I wanted to let you know that your entry way was featured on my blog @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/09/pink-hippo-party-47.html
Hope you stop by and share this week too!

Geddes Ulinskas said...

I can't believe that faucet is from Home Depot. Great job on the bathrooms.

Jenny said...

you. are. amazing.

Judy, if I could do a tenth of this I would link up to your party.

Alas, I must admire it from afar.

Your bathrooms are astonishing. I think my favorite is your daughters bathroom, but I would be thrilled to have ANY of mine look like ANY of yours!

Wow.

Thanks for linking up.

A+

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I have loved this series but have only written one post so far. I am definitely behind. Maybe this week I can play catch up. :)
Love love love these bathrooms. The light fixtures really caught my eye. Each room just oozes style and the fact that you put a lot of thought into these often neglected spaces. So glad you linked up to Motivated Monday. I will feature your post later tonight on BeColorful
Pam

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Chandler in the bathroom makes it look so elegant.

sjjad110 said...

Thanks for give me information on this topic. Bath Remodeler in Asheville you have sharing very nice post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...