Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cheesy Noodle Bake

Looking for a quick and super delicious weekday meal your whole family will love - check out this cheesy noodle bake that I whipped up the other night for dinner.
I needed a quick and easy dinner the other night and used what I had on hand.
I sort of made it up as I went along and it really came out great.
Here is all that you will need:

1 package egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
1/2 jar tomato sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup ricotta cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

First I browned the ground beef and drained the excess fat.  Then I added 1/2 jar of tomato sauce.  While I was cooking the ground beef I cooked the noodles in boiling water.
Then I combined the sour cream and ricotta cheese in a small bowl and added ground pepper.  

Once the noodles were cooked and drained, I added the sour cream/ricotta cheese mixture and combined it all together.
Then in a casserole pan I started layering.  First the half of the noodle mixture, then 1/2 of the ground beef with sauce, and half of the shredded cheese.
Then repeat with a second layer.
Then bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (until the cheese is melted and nice and gooey).
Now this is comfort food.  
Perfect for this time of the year and so quick and easy for a weekday evening.

I hope you will give it a try next time.

-Judy
Pin It

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds sooooooo good. I will give it a try. Hugs, marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG Judy that looks sooooo good!!

Unknown said...

It sounds delicious. I am really needing to change things up at dinner time...my family is about to mutiny! Thanks for the recipe!

NanaDiana said...

That sounds good. I have found some of the best quick-fix meals from bloggers- This looks like a really good one- xo Diana

Gina said...

Oh, that looks great!

Suzy said...

This looks soooo yummy. One that I will definitely be giving a try!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I agree..that looks wonderful...such a great "food of comfort"....Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...