Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Lamp Swap

January seems to be a month where I take a step back and take a fresh look at my home.  With the lull after the holidays, it's a perfect time to revamp and revitalize my home.  However, January is usually a month where I also take a step back and try to cut back on spending...especially after the holidays!
It's a great time to get a fresh look just by changing a few things around.
You know that I completely rearranged all of the furniture in my family room last week.  In case you didn't see the before and after, you can click here.

 While I was in the family room I noticed that the lamp on the sofa table looked a bit too formal for the room.  I felt like it would look better in the living room.  So I went into the living room to see if I could find a spot for the lamp.
In the living room I noticed this lamp...which when I really started looking at it seemed a little oversized for this room.  So I decided to do a little switcheroo.
I moved the tall lamp to the family room, which is a two-story family room with 17' ceilings, allowing the larger scale of the lamp to work so much better in here.

Then I moved the smaller, more delicate lamp into the living room.  
It works so much better in there too.

It's funny...I have never considered moving either of those lamps before, but I should have done this a long time ago.  It breathes new life into both lamps.  Another no-cost redecorating idea.  
How about you?  Any no-cost decorating going on in your home?
Have a great weekend.

-Judy
Pin It

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both the lamps are beautiful and I agree, they do look better switched. Isn't it fun to see something look new with things you already have. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That was a great switch out, Judy. I've done the lamp switcheroo myself and then wondered why I didn't do it sooner.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Pretty lamps Judy! It's always fun changing things up, especially when you don't have to spend a dime to do it! Have a great weekend:)

Michelle said...

I'm doing a lot of painting as I reorganize. I figure if I'm pulling everything out of a room and redoing it I might as well paint now, too. That's as far as I'm getting right now. I do love just swapping things around for a fresh look...suddenly something hidden turns in to a gem :)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

The switcheroo worked like a charm.

For me I'm painting everything that is nailed down for 2013. A fresh new start to my 100 year old home.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just love the "switch"....i just love it when we have those "epiphanies"...After all the Christmas decor is put away..it is such a fun time to "rearrange" things for a new fresh look!!...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...