Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Picnic Basket Turned Magazine Holder

My husband and I were engaged in 1990.  One of our favorite engagement gifts was this picnic basket.  I always loved it and pictured going on a lovely picnic with it. 
It was from Crate and Barrel.  
My friend had filled it with everything we would need for a romantic picnic.
It was filled with plastic plates, utensils and wine glasses.  A table cloth, napkins and a cheese board and cutter as well as two candles filled this beautiful basket.  You can see...everything is still wrapped.
Well, it's 2013 and we have yet to actually use the picnic basket.  We have always wanted to, but it has never worked out for one reason or another.
It has moved to three houses and spent time in many closets.
Pretty pathetic, I know.  
So I figured it was time to take it out of the closet and actually use it. 
I took the smaller basket out from under the table, and instead filled the picnic basket with the magazines and a throw pillow.
It hides the magazines, and it fills the space better than the
other basket I was using for magazine storage.

It also makes me very happy to be using something that I always loved, 
but just never got a chance to use.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Oh, this is a great idea! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great idea Judy!!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Perfect idea! I love cute storage and finding a new purpose for something I love!

Melissa said...

Well aren't you the clever one? What a great idea to up-cycle your picnic basket during the winter.

Gina said...

Great idea! It's good that your finally put it to use after all this time. I like that you didn't really alter it either. That way you still could grab it & go on that picnic one day!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the basket!..and love the items that it came with from Crate and Barrel...it actually would make a great gift too.....great idea for the magazines!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...