Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reorganizing a Closet

Kids grow quickly.  My daughter has grown several inches over the past few months.  

She told me that on one side of her closet her shirts were hanging too low and interfering with the tennis skirts hanging below (I had already started emptying the closet before realizing this would be a bigger project than expected).  I thought I could just raise the top hanging bar, however, with the shelf and support bracket on the back wall, it wasn't going to be that easy.
This side of her closet has a three drawer unit from The Container Store.  It's worked great, but in order for me to lower the hanging bar with the skirts, I would have to remove the drawers. 
I lowered the bar for the skirts, but now I needed a solution to fit everything that was in that three drawer unit.  

So I ran out to The Container Store yesterday and bought a wider, shorter drawer unit (they are having their annual 30% off sale right now).  This actually fits the space much better and it allowed me to lower the hanging bar to maximize the hanging space in the closet.  (Yes, my daughter owns many, many tennis skirts...but she does play six days a week so it's her main wardrobe).  
Since it's wider, it actually fits even more than the other unit.
A couple of aqua, lightweight baskets from Home Goods for pretty storage on the shelf above, and this reorganization project is complete.  I just love an organized closet.  How about you?
-Judy

Pin It

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

It looks great! I am in the process of reorganizing my daughter's closet, too - thanks for the inspiration!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it looks amazing. I so need to redo my closet. Great ideas for the double rods and the storage baskets. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You've just made me think that I should check to see if I can move my own closet bars, Judy. We've got a great organizer in our master bedroom closet {that was already there when we moved in} but I think if I can move some of the bars, it would help.

At The Picket Fence said...

Looks great Judy! I'm starting to reorganize my daughter's closet too and you gave me some great ideas! :-)
Vanessa

Debbiedoos said...

Please come to my house Judy and fix my closets!

Anonymous said...

I used to be one of those neat freaks who had my closet organized by color and divided by the type of clothes. Then I started blogging and consider it good that I'm able to keep the clothes clean and ironed (yes I'm one of THOSE people) and hung in the closet.

Now seeing your daughter's organized closet makes me think I need to try harder again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...