Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Teen Lounge Space

There's one room in my home that I don't think I have ever shared with you.
It's the bonus room off of my son's room.
I don't think I have ever shared it because it always looks like a mess to me when I walk by the room.
When my son was little we called it the "train room" since it was where we had all of his Thomas the Tank Engine trains and the room's theme was trains.  As my kids have grown the room has evolved.  Although it's a part of my son's room, it's a play room that they share.  These days there is not so much playing with toys going on as there is playing with X-Box.  
The room needs an update.  I was on the right track with the storage I created using Itso products I bought a Target several years ago.  However, my son builds Legos...and lots of them.  
He has built Legos all over the place.  
Image

I need something more like this so that I can display more of his Legos rather than have them scattered all over the house. But, I still need storage for everything else in the room.
Then I saw this masterpiece that Centsational Girl created and though maybe I could use similar pieces from Ikea to create something custom looking for the room.  Instead of the bookshelves in the center, I could have the television in the middle.  
There's also the mural on the far wall that needs to be addressed.  I think it's time for it to go.
My kids still like the tree, but maybe everything else can go.  I made the window treatments (both the cornice and the roller shade) years ago.  Probably time for an update on that as well.
Although I haven't created an official goals for 2013 post, this one is going to be near the top of the list.

On a separate note...apparently an Turkish blog has been stealing my content.  I found out over the weekend and just yesterday they stole another two blog posts.  Does anybody know if it is possible to truncate posts in blogger?  This might be the push I need to change to WP.  
-Judy

Pin It


10 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What an awesome space to have for the kids!! Can't wait to see what you do!

Being Home said...

Judy, what a fantastic room!So many possibilities that you can do. Those are some amazing Lego pieces your son has built. Wow! Looking forward to seeing how you transform the teen room. :)

So sorry to hear about your content being stolen. Yuck! I will never understand that kind of mentality. Talk about a lazy!

Julie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a great space for the kids, Judy! I didn't have a goal list for this year either. I'm taking things as they come. Can't wait to see what you do in here.

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Can't wait to see what you do in there - what a fun space they have to play!

So sorry about your blog content - what jerks. :(

Ange said...

What a fun space to decorate and create a teen hangout in. I'm sure you'll make it fabulous! I don't know what I'm going to do about the content stealing either, I really don't like truncated blog posts.

Gina said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure it's going to be great!

Sorry about the blog posts. Unfortunately, I don't know about truncating posts. I'm sure someone out here knows though.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sorry to hear about your stolen posts, Judy! Bizarre.
I can't wait to see what you do with this space because we had our basement finished one year ago and it is a completely blank space besides the couch and tv. I am fired up to do something fun with it for my kids….after I finish up about 10 other projects! :)

Maria Elena said...

Judy, this is such a fabulous room! We used to have a similar space, but as my kids got older, we did a big remodel and turned it into a bigger bedroom for our daughter. And her old room became my craft room! :) Everybody wins! Can't wait to see what you do with this space! About another blog stealing your content, what a shame! There is just all kinds of people in this world! I don't know much about how to go and fix this problem or try to prevent it, but I know Susan, from BNOTP, had the same issue and she did a couple of post on how she handled it and fixed it. May be she has some information that will help you. Hope you get this problem resolve. Big hug!

Cynthia said...

What a great space, I like the hangings in the doorway. The Legos are something.

Cynthia

decorayadora said...

What an awesome space to have for the kids!! I love your blog!!!
Angelica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...