Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Twine Pears

I love these twine pears.  They are easy and fun to make.
They are very Pottery Barn like and add warmth to any room or vignette.
Westlake Ace Hardware sent me all of the supplies I needed to put together these awesome twine pears.
Here is what Westlake Ace Hardware sent me. 
Here is all you need to make these twine pears:

-lightbulbs
-hot glue gun
- gardening twine (jute)
- a twig from outside

That's it.

I started by going outside and finding a loose twig.  I then cut off a small piece and hot glued it to the end of the lightbulb.
I added hot glue as I wrapped the twine around the lightbulb.
I just kept wrapping and gluing and wrapping and gluing.  Make sure you glue as you go along or else the twine does tend to move.
This was the first one I made where I wasn't gluing the entire time.
 I got much better at it as I continued making these pears.
They are so cool looking.  These would be great to make with bulbs that have burned out too.
Once I started making them, I just couldn't stop.
In no time I had twine pears all over the place.
I want to thank Westlake Ace Hardware for providing me with all of the supplies. 
  For more holiday and home decor ideas, check out Westlake Ace Hardware.  

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It


Sharing with Savvy Southern Style 

20 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Now that is a lightbulb moment Judy! Love those.

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Such a great idea! So pretty!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, I thought they were going to be some old faux pears you updated, Judy; never thought light bulbs! Nice project, especially for adding some texture in to your decor.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Very clever!

Ana Love Craft said...

Such a brilliant idea, love it. Thanks so much for sharing the amazing tutorial.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
Have a fabulous week.
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I think these are adorable. I love the twine and the natural stem :-)

b said...

How cute and easy! I love projects that make something beautiful from everyday objects.

Ann, Heather and Sheila said...

What a great idea! And it seems simple enough that even I could do it. The light bulb was a surprise. Like others, I thought you'd be starting with faux pears. Now we can recycle those burnt-out lightbulbs.
Heather from Friendshiplifeandstyle.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Well, where the heck were you last week when I FINALLY tossed out some old light bulbs? lol I shoulda had a light bulb moment and seen pears! I LOVE these- GREAT job!!! xo Diana

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Such a cute idea!! I have to do this.

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

I love these! What a great idea and what a pretty accent piece they make :)

Audrey said...

What a great idea Judy, I know what I'll be doing with my burned out light bulbs from now on! Thanks for sharing and have a great night.
Audrey

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love them Judy!!

Gina said...

What a great idea, Judy! I can't believe they are made with a lightbulb. Very clever.

Unknown said...

That's a lightbulb?! That's genius!! I want to make some of these asap!

Pieced Pastimes said...

These turned out so sweet! Really lovely idea. Thanks for sharing.
Suzanne

Suzy said...

These are really, really cute! You're right - it's a great way to use up burned out lightbulbs.

One More Time Events said...

What a great idea... Twine is one of my favorite things to use....thanks for the share and great tutorial.

Cynthia said...

Wow, what a great project. I love this, I may have to borrow this one.

Cynthia

Karen Cooper said...

That is so cool! Lightbulbs (smacks head)! What a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...