Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

DIY Christmas Tree Using Eco-friendly Glue

I love doing DIY projects anytime of the year, but especially at Christmas time.  The possibilities are endless.  Usually my glue gun is my best friend with the projects I create. Glue guns are often a pain to work with, literally, with the risk of burning my finger (something I do often when using my glue gun).
I wanted to create a couple of DIY Christmas trees for my mantel this year.
Instead of using my regular glue, I tried Glu6.  This is the coolest glue ever.  It is an eco-friendly glue made 100% from recycled styrofoam.  This non-toxic glue is perfect for DIY projects, arts/crafts, school projects and even home repair.  
For this project, I bought two cardboard cones from my local craft store and Christmas wrapping paper from Home Goods.  Using my new eco-friendly glue, I simply cut paper to size and glued it onto the cardboard cone.  The glue held immediately and was super easy to work with.  It also has no odor which is a total plus.  For the bottom of the cone, I wrapped the paper around and added more glue to adhere it.  
I used brass candlestick holders I had as the base of my Christmas trees.  I simply placed the cones on top of the candle stick.  Nothing could be easier than that.
My Christmas trees make a great addition to my Christmas mantel.  

If you want to try this awesome glue, you can buy it here.  
For a limited time, you can get 30% off of the Glu6 combo pack.  
I love that I am doing something good for the environment as well as it being a great product.


-Judy

Pin It

Disclaimer:  I was sent Glu6 to review, however, the opinions I have expressed are entirely my own.

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I love it, Judy. That little paper music tree is adorable. It all looks beautiful- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I really adore sewing projects!! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I really adore sewing projects!! Super cute!

Jackie Gregory said...

Love the MacKenzie-Childs look alike cookie jar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...